BOSC CLIENT LOGIN
Market Hours are from 9:30am-4:00pm EST. Check quotes
BOSC Events Calendar
Ted’s Twitter Feed
BOSC In the News
February 2013 – Kevin VandenBerg represented BOSC at the Registered Investment Advisor Summit in Las Colinas, Texas. The RIA Summit unites an exclusive group of Registered Investment Advisors with top economists, analysts, solution partners, and innovators in the field. The result is an exceptionally efficient, highly collaborative networking and educational environment focused on the topics that matter most to advisors. Delegates at the RIA Summit
- February 2013 – BOSC’s Ted Sarenski is on the front cover of Financial Planning Magazine, Click to view, February 2013, Financial Planning Magazine featuring Ted.
- January 21, 2013 – BOSC’s Ted Sarenski will speak at the AICPA Conference in Las, Vegas, NV
- January 3, 2013 - BOSC’s Ted Sarenski appeared on WCNY’s Financial Fitness and discussed Social Security: What do you need to understand about SS and how do I maximize the use of SS to improve my retirement? And what special circumstances may effect my payments?
- December 6, 2012 – BOSC’s Kevin VandenBerg appeared on WCNY’s Financial Fitness and discussed Strategic vs. Tactial investing strategies
- October 26, 2012 -Ted Sarenski spoke about “Social Security “Turning Social Security Knowledge into Consulting Fees” at the Florida Institute of CPAs First Elder Planning Sympsoium in Tampa.
- October 23, 2012 - Ted Sarenski spoke about “Social Security: Strategies for Optimizing Your Benefits and Other Social Security Issues” at the AICPA Sophisticated Tax Conference in NYC.
- October 17, 2012 - Ted Sarenski spoke about “Social Security” at Elder Care Day at the Syracuse Financial Planning Assocation.
- Ted Sarenski was quoted in this weeks U.S. News & World Reports (October 11, 2012). The article discussed how some financial advisors charge for 529 plan advice. Click here for full article. Ted is quotes in step 2.
- When should I start Social Security? BOSC’s Ted Sarenski discussed this was a guestion in detail this past Thursday on WCNY’s Financial Fitness.
- We are pleased to announce that Dennis Hebert and Jennifer Spagnola have joined our team at Blue Ocean Strategic Capital, LLC. Please click here to read our announcement.
- We are pleased to announce that Jeffrey D. Moro has joined our team at Blue Ocean Strategic Capital, LLC. Click here to read full announcement.
- Kevin VandenBerg was a guest on WCNY’s Financial Fitness, May 10, 2012. He discussed the topic of financial jargon and explained in plain English what the most used jargon and abbreviations mean.
- April 3, 2012, Ted Sarenski was quoted in a blog by Beth Kobliner for Mint.com entitled, Mint Family with Beth Kobliner: Tax Tips for Busy Parents (Ted appears under “Check Those Figures”).
- Ted Sarenski is quoted in April/May 2012, Issue 38, page 38 of CNY’s 55 + Financial Matters: Too Late to Save? In the article Ted discusses why it is never too late to save.
- Ted Sarenski was a guest on WCNY’s Financial Fitness, February 9, 2012. The show discussed gold, asset allocation and retirement income planning. Click here to watch a video of the show.
- Ted will once again be a keynote speaker at the AICPA Conference in Las Vegas, NV, January 2012~ 2012 AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference.
- Accounting Today’s Annual Ranking of top CPA Financial Planners, BOSC is in the 100+ million category, click for the Top Firms By AUM (assets under management).
Guest host Jim Burns and his panel discuses what you should and should not do with your investments in these volatile times. Is it time to reduce your exposure to stocks, or maybe buy more of them? Plus they focus on the real issues that have been agitating stock markets around the world.
- July 18, 2011, BOSC’s Ted Sarenski is quoted in this weeks Investment News, Identifying Elder Financial Fraud/Watching Out For Elderly Clients
July 2011, BOSC listed in Financial Advisor’s Magazine 2011 RIA Survey,FA’s 2011 RIA Ranking.
- May 9, 2011, Ted was quoted in Money Magazine, “Inheritance: How to handle a million-dollar windfall”.
- April 21, 2011, Ted Sarenski and WCNY host J. Daniel Pluff will answer your financial questions onWCNY-TV’s Financial Fitness
- April 5, 2011, Ted was quotes in the USA Today, answering a last minute tax questions, “Withdrawing money from a ROTH IRA does not always lead to a10% penalty”. (Scroll halfway down the page)
- March 2011, Ted wrote about Elder Care Financial Abuse for Parentgiving.com: Avoid Elder Financial Abuse
- February 4, 2011, Ted Sarenski talks Social Security on AM 670, Las Vegas, Nevada talk radio Interview on Social Security
- January 2011, Ted was quoted in Accounting Today, Sobering Advice: Post-Crash, Advisors Are Easing Clients Toward Lower Expectations
- January 29, 2011, Testimonial from Carl Boller regarding Social Security Advice
- January 27, 2011, Ted Sarenski and WCNY host J. Daniel Pluff will answer your financial questions on WCNY-TV’s Financial Fitness
- January 20, 2011, Ted webinar for the America Chemical Society: You Tube video of Ted’s webinar
- January 20, 2011, Ted led a webinar for 800 Scientific Professional on Finacial Planning: Webinar for Scientific Professionals
- January 20, 2011, Thank you from the Program Director of the American Chemical Society for presenting the webinar on Financial Planning Thank you email for Financial Planning Webinar for Scientific Professionals
- January 20, 2011, Feeback from American Chemical Society American Chemistry Society (ACS) Webinars Feedback
- January 18, 2011, BOSC awarded: NAAIM President’s Award for Excellence in Newsletter Writing 1 2011
- January 1, 2011, Ted wrote an article for Bottom Line/ Personal entitled “What’s Ahead for Social Security?”
- January 2011, Introduction of Ted and Transcript of Ted’s Talk on Social Security at the AICPA Conference: Transcript of Ted’s Social Security Seminar at the AICPA Conference
- January 10-12, 2011, Ted will be speaking at: AICPA Personal Financial Planning Conference 2011 at the Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV
Whether you are currently dealing with the loss of a loved one, making decisions about an aging parent, or simply want to proactively be ready for the future, this guide will help identify many of the issues, decisions and programs of which the public should be aware. The purpose of this guide is to educate the public on these issues and encourage them to seek professional assistance.
- Ted quoted in Investment News: Coexisting with a CPA Parents a Challege for Advisors
- Ted Saresnki interviewd/quoted in the CNY Business Journal: Expect Less from Social Security
- BOSC listed as 343 in Nation-wide RIA Ranking
- USA TODAY Chat Transcript with Ted Sarenski: Tax Help
- WSTM Channel 3 Live Interview with Ted Sarenski: Graduates Paying Student Loans: Managing Debt & Finances
- Wi$e Up Teleconference with Ted Sarenski: Investing In Your Children
- Central New York Business Journal Interview/Article with Ted Sarenski: Borrowing from Your 401(k) for Business Expenses Can Be Risky
- Journal of Accountancy Article Authored by Ted Sarenski: Planning for Social Security
- Journal of Accountancy Article Authored by Ted Sarenski: Long Term Care–Taking Emotion Out of the Decision
- Bottom Line/WEALTH Article Authored by Ted Sarenski: Secrets of Getting The Most Money from Social Security
- Bottom Line/WEALTH Article Authored by Ted Sarenski: How to Pay Much Less in Social Security Taxes
- The AICPA gives special thanks to Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS and the PFP Executive Committee’s PrimePlus/ElderCare task force for their efforts in bringing this guide to fruition–
- Ted Sarenski quoted in New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Lum, Valerie (2009, February 1). Untangling the Tax Code. NewYork State Society of Certified Public Accountants, pp 18-19.
- Ted Sarenski quoted in Investor’s Business Daily: Katzeff, Paul (2008, September 25). Be Cool In This, Or Any, Market Crisis. Investor’s Business Daily, pg A7.
- Ted Sarenski and Gail Gardener quoted in Practical Accountant: Wolosky, Howard W. (2008, June). The Risk Management Components of Financial Planning. Practical Accountant, pp 22-24
- Ted Sarenski quoted in Long Island Bride & Groom: Duvall, Nubia (2008, April). Money and Matrimony: How to Combine Your Finances in Your New Partnership. Long Island Bride & Groom, pp. 296-300.
- Ted Sarenski quoted in InvestmentNews: Mercado, Darla (2007). Expensive Credit Repair Kits Not Likely to Go Away. InvestmentNews, pg 25.
- Ted Sarenski quoted in The Syracuse Post Standard: Serra, Dan (2007, June 10). Protecting Seniors from Scams. The Post Standard.Ted Sarenski was a guest on WCNY’s Financial Fitness, February 9, 2012.